1426WS Three Car Steam Passenger Set
Outfit 1426WS was catalogued for two years, 1948 and 1949 and is a noteworthy set for two reasons. First, it is the only postwar outfit to include the classic 2026 Prairie-style locomotive heading up a set of passenger cars (all other 2026 sets were freight outfits). Secondly, this is the only postwar set to include the 6440-series green tinplate passenger cars. Because of these two unique historical occurrences, collectors continue to search for clean, boxed examples of this desirable outfit.
Standard components of this set include:
- 2026 Prairie steam locomotive
- 6466WX Whistling Tender
- 6440 Two green pullman cars
- 6441 Single green observation car
- 1032 Transformer
- Plus: 027 gauge track, 6019 remote control track and instruction booklet.
- Note: 1949 only sets also included a set of billboards.
Click on their logo to view high quality postwar Lionel trains for sale