1451WS Three Car Steam Freight Set
The claim-to-fame for set 1451WS is the introduced two all-new classic postwar freight cars; the 6462 New York Central gondola and the 3464 operating box car. In addition to introducing two new freight cars to the Lionel product line, set 1451WS also marked the final year for the highly detailed 2026 postwar prairie steamer and tender. With its extra side rods, nickel rimmed drive wheels and a tender with a rear deck railing, early postwar prairies were impressive-looking locomotives. Even today, the family of early prairie steamers -- including the 224, 1666 and 2026 -- in pristine or collectable condition, are still in demand by collectors and operators.
Standard components of this set include:
- 2026 Prairie steam locomotive
- 6466WX Whistling tender
- 3464 New York Central or Santa Fe operating box car
- 6462 New York Central gondola
- 6257 Lionel Lines caboose
- 1033 90-Watt transformer
- Plus: 027 gauge track, 6019 remote control track, billboards and instruction booklet.
Click on their logo to view high quality postwar Lionel trains for sale