2201WS Four Car Steam Freight Set
Set 2201WS is unique in that it was available for two years and contained a different locomotive for each year. The 1953 version of this outfit was lead by a 685 Hudson while the 665 Hudson was the lead locomotive of the 1954 set. Other than the locomotive, all of the individual freight cars were identical for each year.
Another interesting component of this set is the 6465 Sunoco tank car. For 1953, Lionel created larger, more scale-like freight cars for their O gauge line. In particular, the 6415 Sunoco tank car was designated the premier O gauge tanker while the 6465 was assigned to the 027 gauge line. For an unknown reason, Lionel included the 6465 027 tanker with this O gauge set.
Standard components of this set include:
- 685 or 665 Hudson - the 685 was included in 1953 sets, the 665 was included in 1954 sets
- 6026W Whistling Tender
- 6462 New York Central Gondola
- 6464-50 Minneapolis & St. Louis Box Car
- 6465 Sunoco Two-Dome Tank Car
- 6357 Lionel Lines Caboose
- Plus: O gauge track, UCS track, smoke pellets, tamper, lubricant, billboards and instruction booklets.
Click on their logo to view high quality postwar Lionel trains for sale