2217WS Four Car Steam Freight Set
Set 2217WS was the first of only two catalogued sets containing the 682 turbine. It is interesting to note, the desirable and sought-after upgraded 682 turbine ended up being Lionel's final "new" postwar turbine.
In addition to the upgraded turbine, this 1954 outfit included three other all-new rolling stock items: the barrel car, box car and stock car. Interestingly, this is the only set to ever include the -175 Rock Island box car. Finally, the only carryover component from the 1953 product line was the 6417 caboose.
Standard components of this set include:
- 682 Turbine
- 2046W Pennsylvania Whistling Tender
- 3562-25 AT & SF Operating Barrel Car
- 6356 New York Central Bi-Level Stock Car
- 6464-175 Rock Island Box Car
- 6417 Pennsylvania N5C Caboose
- Plus: O gauge track, UCS remote control track, smoke pellets, lubricant, billboards and instruction booklets.
Click on their logo to view high quality postwar Lionel trains for sale