2227W Santa Fe Five Car Diesel Freight Set
Nicknamed The Golden West Special, this set is noteworthy in that it is the final horizontal-motored Santa Fe freight set offered by Lionel during the postwar era. Most experienced collectors and operators prefer the early horizontal motored F3's over the later vertical motored F3's.
The 2227W Santa Fe diesel freight set is the second of only two freight sets produced by Lionel to include the 2353 Santa Fe diesels. The abundance of color in this set makes it an attractive freight train when highrailing around a layout or proudly displayed on a shelf.
Standard components of this set include:
- 2353 Santa Fe F3 AA diesels
- 3562-25 A.T. & S.F Barrel car
- 6356 New York Central Bi-level stock car
- 6456-75 Lehigh Valley hopper, always the glossy red version with yellow lettering
- 6468 Baltimore & Ohio automobile box car
- 6417 Pennsylvania N5C caboose
- Plus: 0 gauge track, UCS track, lubricant, billboards and instruction booklets.
Click on their logo to view high quality postwar Lionel trains for sale