1646 Four Car Steam Freight Set
Nicknamed the Utility Freight Set, this is one of only two freight sets to include the 233 steam locomotive. The 233 scout steamer is one of the more desireable scout steamers as it included several features not usually associated with scout locomotives.
All of the freight cars in this set are common. The 6343 Barrel Ramp car is fragile and frequently found with either a damaged or missing side railing.
Standard components of this set include:
- 233 Steam locomotive
- 233W Tender
- 6162 New York Central gondola with three cannister
- 6343 Barrel Ramp car with six wooden barrels
- 6476 Lehigh Valley hopper
- 6017 Lionel Lines caboose
- 1073 Transformer
- Plus: 027 track, whistle controller, billboards and instruction booklets.
Click on their logo to view high quality postwar Lionel trains for sale