12800 Boston & Maine Five Car Diesel Freight Set
Outfit 12800 is noted for being one of the most colorful and attractive postwar sets ever produced by the original Lionel corporation. With its striking red, white and blue theme, collectors and operators continue to seek this set. Regarding the components of this set, the 2346 B & M GP-9 diesel is the only new-for-1965 item in this set, the remaining rolling stock items were all previously issued items.
One final point of reference regarding this set is that it was readily available thru Madison Hardware up until it closed it's doors in New York City. Even after their inventory was moved to Michigan, Mint examples of this set were available up thru the mid-1990's.
Standard components of this set include:
- 2346 Boston & Maine GP-9 Diesel
- 6415 Sunoco Triple Dome Tank Car
- 6428 United States Mail Box Car
- 6436-110 Lehigh Valley Hopper
- 6464-475 Boston & Maine Box Car
- 6017-100 Boston & Maine Caboose
- Plus: O gauge track, UCS remote control track, lubricant, billboards and instruction booklets.
Click on their logo to view high quality postwar Lionel trains for sale