6464-150 Missouri Pacific
Production: 1954, 1955 & 1957
The 6464-150 is an interesting car. Of all cars in the 6464 series, the -150 Missouri Pacific has the most variations. Because of the vast amount of variations, only the significant differences will be described on this web page.
The 6464-150 box car included the following standard features: blue and gray colors with black and white lettering, yellow sliding doors, bar-end trucks with two operating couplers plus a single brakewheel.
The following list identifies the more significant differences found in the Missouri Pacific box car.
- Different mold variations, created from the amount of rivet detail.
- The 'New 3-54' can appear on either the left or right of the side door.
- The 'XME' letters will either be present or absent from the lower portion of the car.
- The word 'Eagle' can appear on the left or right of the side door.
- The height of the letter 'E' in Eagle will be either 1/2", 5/8" or 3/4".
Additional Detail, Photos & Box Information
The length of the 6464 style box car is approximately 10 1/2" long (coupler to coupler).
Numerous Variations - The box car in the photo at the top of this web page has the following characteristics:
- The 'New 3-54' is to the left of the door.
- The 'XME' letters are present.
- The word 'Eagle' is to the right of the door.
- The height of the letter 'E' in Eagle is 3/4".
Click on their logo to view high quality postwar Lionel trains for sale