- Complete Sets
- 1415WS: Four Car Steam Freight Set
1415WS: Four Car Steam Freight Set
With 1946 being the first full year of postwar train production for Lionel, it wanted to design and built an impressive, all-new locomotive for their line-up of motive power. The end result was the 20-wheel steam turbine! Outfit 1415WS is one of five new 1946 sets to include Lionel's new 2020 steam turbine locomotive.
In addition to the new turbine locomotive, Lionel created outfit 1415WS to be action-packed set as it included two operating freight cars plus a pair of remote control switches. Any youngster opening this set box on Christmas morning immediately had an impressive layout.
Standard components of this set include:
- 2020 Turbine
- 2020W Whistling Tender
- 2465 Sunoco Tank Car
- 3454 Operating Merchandise Car
- 3459 Ore Dump Car, early production sets included a silver dump car, later production had the common black car.
- 2472 Pennsylvania N5C Caboose
- 1121 Remote Control Switches
- 1041 60-watt transformer, later production was upgraded to a 1042 75-watt transformer.
- Plus: 027 gauge track, 1019 uncoupling track, smoke pellets, dump bins and instruction booklets.
Click on their logo to view high quality postwar Lionel trains for sale