- Complete Sets
- 2141WS Four Car Steam Freight Set
2141WS Four Car Steam Freight Set
Outfit 2141WS was catalogued for two years, 1948 and 1949, and is a difficult set to locate in complete condition. Although the set was catalogued for two years, very few components are interchangeable between the years. The difference was Lionel's transition of freight cars from the 2400-series -- containing coil couplers -- to the 6400-series freight cars with magnetic couplers.
This particular set is known for containing two rare items. First, the 2671W is frequently found with the factory installed back-up lights in the tender. Secondly, the 3451 log dump car is known to have been the rare variation with rubber stamped lettering.
Standard components of this set include:
- 671 Turbine
- 2671W Whistling Tender
- 2456 Lehigh Valley Hopper
- 3451 Log Dump Car
- 3462 Operating Refrigerator Car
- 2357 Lionel Lines Caboose
- Plus: O gauge track, RCS uncoupling track, smoke pellets, dump bins and instruction booklets.
Click on their logo to view high quality postwar Lionel trains for sale