1467W Four Car Diesel Freight Set
Lionel produced this set for four years, 1950 - 1953. During that span, there were three different Alco diesels heading up this freight car set:
- 1950: 2023 Yellow Union Pacific Alco AA diesels (shown in photo above)
- 1951: 2023 Gray Union Pacific Alco AA diesels
- 1952 & 1953: 2032 Erie Alco AA diesels
With an assortment of colorful freight cars, this set remains a favorite of collectors and operators. Of the four years, the 1950 version is generally preferred over the other years -- simply because it has the more desireable yellow Alco diesels.
From a historical point of view, set 1467W marked the introduction of the 6656 stock car. This is the non-operating cousin to the infamous 3656 operating cattle station.
Standard components of this set include:
- 2023 or 2032 Alco diesel (see above for specific year variations)
- 6456 Lehigh Valley hopper
- 6465 Sunoco tank car
- 6656 Stock car
- 6357 Lionel Lines caboose
- 1033 Transformer
- Plus: 027 track, uncoupling track, billboards and instruction booklet.
Click on their logo to view high quality postwar Lionel trains for sale