- Complete Sets
- 2167WS Three Car Steam Freight Set
2167WS Three Car Steam Freight Set
1950 was the year Lionel introduced Magne-traction to all of its locomotives. For the turbine, there was no better locomotive to introduce this new feature than the 681 with the premium 12-wheel tender!
Set 2167WS is the only freight set produced by Lionel which was headed up with the 681 / 2671W combination. Although the freight cars are common, all O-gauge turbine freight sets remain in demand by collectors.
There is a small difference between 1950 and 1951 sets. All 1950 set boxes have a exterior stamped price of $39.95 while 1951 sets are priced at $47.75.
Standard components of this set include:
- 681 Steam locomotive
- 2671WX Tender
- 3464 Santa Fe or New York Central operating box car
- 6462 New York Central gondola with six wooden barrels
- 6457 Lionel Lines caboose
- Plus: 0 gauge track, UCS track, smoke pellets, lubricant, billboards and instruction booklets.
Click on their logo to view high quality postwar Lionel trains for sale