- Complete Sets
- 1503WS Four Car Steam Freight Set
1503WS Four Car Steam Freight Set
Nicknamed the Overlander, this freight set was headed up by the reliable and durable 2055 Santa Fe styled Hudson. During the three-year production cycle of the 2055, it was the lead locomotive for four sets: three freight and one passenger.
From a historical point of view, set 1503WS marked the introduction of an all-new tender -- the 6026W. The basic and no-frills design of this tender permitted Lionel to mate it with a number of steam locomotives during the remainder of the postwar era.
Standard components of this set include:
- 2055 Steam locomotive
- 6026W Tender
- 6456 Lehigh Valley hopper - black for 1953, maroon for 1954
- 6462 New York Central gondola - black for 1953, green for 1954
- 6465 Sunoco tank car
- 6257 Lionel Lines caboose
- 1033 Transformer
- Plus: 027 track, uncoupling track, smoke pellets, billboards and instruction booklet.
Click on their logo to view high quality postwar Lionel trains for sale