9673 Santa Fe Five Car Diesel Freight Set
Set 9673 is an uncatalogued Lionel diesel freight set sold exclusively through Sears Roebuck & Co. stores during the 1961 Christmas season. Lionel's choice of rolling stock for this freight set is certainly interesting, if not odd. Included are two very tradition freight cars; a 6162 gondola and 6476 hopper, as well as two space and military items; the 3419 flatcar with Navy helicopter and a 3665 Minuteman box car with rocket. Any youngster operating this set could easily pilot a traditional freight train with the hopper and gondola or be the lead engineer of an all new, space-age train carrying state-of-the-art military items!
Standard components of this set include:
- 218 Santa Fe Alco AB diesel set
- 3419 Flatcar with Navy helicopter
- 3665 Minuteman box car with rocket
- 6162 New York Central gondola
- 6476 Lehigh Valley hopper
- 6017 Lionel Lines caboose
- 1025 Transformer
- Plus: 027 gauge track, remote control track, billboards and instruction booklet.
Click on their logo to view high quality postwar Lionel trains for sale